- Lose weight
- Reverse your chronic disease
- Lower your risk of or treat cancer
- Feel more alive
- Have more energy
- Be pain free
- Improve your health
Integrative (Wellness) Medicine
Do you want to
- Reduce your medication and/or side effects
- Get a second opinion
- Take effective supplements
- Improve your child’s health or behaviour
- Have a healthy pregnancy and baby
We can help. It’s a simple as spending time with our Integrative (Wellness) Medicine Doctors. Conventional Medicine is leaving more and more patients feeling very unhappy with a Medical system that often leaves patients feeling as if they’re only a set of decaying joints or diseased hearts and doctors feeling snowed under and rushed. Integrative medicine gives you control of your health by offering you more time with Specialist Doctors who are trained to find the root cause of how you feel, by giving you more attention, utilising more extensive and accurate lab testing of your body and offering a broader approach to healing. Integrative (Wellness) Medicine incorporates treatment options from conventional and complementary approaches, taking into account not only physical symptoms, but also nutritional, environmental, psychological, social and spiritual aspects of health and illness.
Integrative (Wellness) Medicine is at the frontier of medicine and is available at Dr Wellness right now. Our promise to you is that: We will ensure that you receive state-of the-art patient-centred, not disease or symptom-centred, medicine. We will utilise the best investigations and treatments that conventional medicine offers as well as offering the most up-to-date proven Integrative Medicine tests and treatments. This will allow us to help guide you on your Wellness Journey™ back to full health. As the Institute of Functional (Integrative) Medicine so eloquently summarises- “Functional (Integrative) Medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms.
Functional (Integrative) Medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and looking at the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. In this way, Functional Medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.”
Integrative (Wellness) medicine is guided by core principles:
- Identification of health as a positive vitality not merely the absence of disease and emphasising factors that encourage the enhancement of a vigorous health.
- Enhancing the health span, not just the life span, of each patient, by promoting organ reserve, optimal health and well-being.
- Makes use of all appropriate therapeutic and lifestyle approaches, healthcare professionals and disciplines to achieve optimal health and healing. While some of the therapies used may be non-conventional, a guiding principle within integrative medicine is to use therapies that have high-quality evidence to support them.
- An understanding of the individuality of each human being, due to their unique genetics and environment.
- Awareness that nutritional deficiencies, imbalances, or the presence of environmental toxins in the body can result in cellular dysfunction, illness or disease or athlete performance impairment.
- Guiding patients to optimal wellness using a patient-centered rather than a disease-centered approach that reaffirms the importance of the relationship between practitioner and patient, and focuses on the whole person.
- Is respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs, and values, and that ensures that patient values guide all clinical decisions.
- Searching for a dynamic balance among the internal and external body, mind, and spirit.
- Familiarity with the web-like interconnections of internal physiological factors;
Treatment is aimed at correcting underlying causes as well as providing relief of symptoms. This may involve removal of certain foods from the diet or toxins from the patient’s environment, or prescription of supplements such as vitamins, minerals, trace elements and essential fatty acids where diet and lifestyle alone cannot rectify physiological imbalances.
At the Dr Wellness clinic patient-centered care is at the center of what we call the therapeutic partnership, the relationship that forms between a patient and clinician that empowers the patient to take ownership of their own healing. The power of the therapeutic partnership comes from the idea that patients who are active participants in the development of their therapeutic plan feel more in control of their own well-being and are more likely to make sustained lifestyle changes to improve their health.